We’re still alive! As the title says, today we’re going to be talking about how to lace your beloved Oxfords and going through the points step by step. In my opinion, the best (and least messy) way to do this is called “European Lacing”:
- You begin lacing the shoe by taking the lace and threading it across, down into the lowest set of eyelets so that it is completely horizontal. Make sure they’re relatively even.
- Take one lace in each of your hands and proceed:
- Take the left lace and bring it up and out of the second right eyelet (the eyelet that is directly vertical above the lowest eyelet).
- Take the right lace and bring it up through the third left eyelet - which means you have skipped one eyelet here.
- Bring the right lace across the shoe and into the second left eyelet and then bring it aaaaaaaaaall the way up and through the fourth right eyelet, again skipping one.
- Most oxfords don’t have many eyelets, but keep going through this process until you’ve reached the last eyelets and ta-da! You’re ready to take your new oxfords out for a stroll! Each lace should look horizontal across each set of eyelets, nice and tidy.